Project of the day


I'm convinced that if I keep trying, I'll hit upon my perfect handbag. Today I'm remaking the prototype of version 4.
It's big and simple in shape but not too deep and with one internal pocket the same size as the bag. Two handles so the bag hangs under the arm from the shoulder but won't drag on the floor if you carry it tote style. Today I'm adding a lining to strengthen the sides where the handles are attached, replacing the fabric handles with leather and adding a carpet bag frame.
I'm normally quite happy with an open style handbag, but if you go somewhere busy its nice not to have to clamp your elbow into your sides to keep your stuff hidden and safe.
The 12 inch frame from U-handbag is exactly the right size so I'm hoping I can still use the main body of the prototype.


Comments

Popular Posts