Neckerchief Heroes




 My own pattern developed out of a humiliating 'don't understand kitting as well as I thought I did' incident. (I was aiming for a square, but hey presto, the lozenge proportions I ended up with work perfectly in non-stretchy fabric).

I truly love wearing neckscarves, long cravat style ones, handkerchief thin ones, warm knitted ones, and of course my own patchwork version. I've been doing this since I was a teenager so I thought it would be fun to figure out who were my style influencers back then.

The incomparable Simon Le Bon

Looks like the lovely Kevin Rowland is wearing Simon's 'kerchief!

Doris Day looking gritty in Annie Get Your Gun

Beautiful Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday



Clint Eastwood here representing any one of the stars or extras from the thousand or so Westerns I watched as a child.


I'll be putting a few more designs up in my Etsy shop this week, and if you follow my facebook page you might catch a discount code!







                                                              
                                       
                                                 
                                           






Comments

Popular Posts