Julie's Wrap Over Winding Sheet Dress

I've been meaning to try out this pattern for months.
The first version



I had bought some fabulous heavy linen sheets from a car boot sale, they have some great big holes, so I decided to make a feature of them.
I'm really obsessed by limey-yellow, this photo doesn't show the colour very well, but the one above of the finished dress has the green/yellow as a strip along the front edge. Unfortunately the dress really felt like a dressing up costume in white, so although I was really reluctant to lose the 'sheet' reference, I decided to dye the dress.

The thread I put in the machine turned out not to be cotton (doh). I wore the dress out at this stage, but the big mends didn't feel so happy in a contrast colour.

I'm slowly replacing the machine mends with some quieter ones with some silk thread.
I replaced all the structural stitching with the right colour, and the dress started to feel a lot calmer. It fits really well, I only shortened the bodice slightly so it fits over my belly nicely. 

Comments

Popular Posts