house pant dress

Another super glamorous pattern, courtesy of etsy. My version is a bit of a pig's ear at the moment.
made out of my children's old muslins. The finished House Pant Dress will necessarily feature blood, wee and banana stains.
I'm hoping to turn it into a silk purse obviously, by embroidering my hopes and dreams on it.
A few months ago I started writing down a collection of memories of architectural details and fragments of dreams dominated by architectural details. Exciting stuff. Then I made a few weak drawings, which I will now magically transform into haunting embroideries of my past.

I've jiggled and joggled a collection of these memories into a design for my dream house (which I'm happy to project manage, if anyone's got the cash). The designs for the house will go onto the shoulders of the House Pant Dress in colourful applique, giving substance and weight to my hopes for the future.

Comments

Popular Posts