Spring Begins

 Business Training

A few weeks before the Easter school holidays, I started a business course put together by the Swift Project.
As an eclectic group of women setting up or running their own business, we got together a few times a week for cramming on the practical considerations for being a successful business in the Twenty First Century.
Although the formal sessions are over, we're already supporting each other informally and via peer to peer mentoring and networking.
It was a really inspiring, thought-provoking and motivating few weeks, and although the timing conveniently ran right up to the school holidays, it was a bit of a cliff edge drop back into family life.


Easter Break

My husband and I are lucky enough to own a house and a bit of land in Lower Normandy that we're slowly doing up to make a nice holiday home. We don't own any other property and we've never renovated anything bigger than a chest of drawers before, so sometimes it's a bit overwhelming.



As any other artisan maker or craftsman will know, the hours we have to put into our business has to be dominated by actual making time, and I always struggle to get my head back into that special place when term gets going again.
Being in France this time was particularly absorbing this trip. The weather was fantastic, we got the bath and
the new kitchen sink connected (luxury!)

 


The temptation to forget to come home was in the air this time.
Big sigh.

Having said that, I love my work and I'm super excited about the Collectives Fair I'm working towards.
I had a real sense of momentum in my work before Easter, enjoying the rack filling up with clothes at various stages of 'finished';



It's taken me nearly a week to brave sitting in the sewing machine chair, my schedule has been rearranged to death, so I know I can fit all the 'leave it to the last minute' stuff in, as well as all the garments I have planned.




Comments

Popular Posts