this girl needs tatoos

                  the reverse applique finished. The shape ended up a bit vague because of the chunky linen.

                                                                the reverse of the reverse.



                                                   a dodgy elbow in development



after quite a lot of snipping and re-stitching. In the end I treated the embroidery just like a drawing, cut out the bits that were wrong and re-did them over the top. Not good sewing practise but its only an experiment so getting to the next stage was more important than producing a Rembrant.

As I'm not Rembrant, I've found that by squinting and looking from a distance the figure looks okay enough to move on. She does look a bit naked though. Not much like a doll.
The dolls I originally had in mind when I made the plaster model may well end up with tatoos but this woman cushion will have quilting patterns all around her to keep her warm.



Comments

Popular Posts