new cushions

this is a project I've been working on for months. It's definitely a 'slow textile' kind of thing. Feeding the embroidery from the 'Mary Dress' into my need to keep every scrap of fabric I use or don't use, and looking for interesting vintage linen to sew onto, I ended up with some New Cushions.













I'm working on a whole cloth version at the moment to complete a set to have photographed really well. This large piece will have six circles the same size as the ones above and six small ones. Each of the large circles take an average of six hours to sew/embroider, although some designs take much longer, either to cut the felt or to piece it together.
The cushions above are 40cm squares. There are some larger ones in the set, but the embroidery is the same size each time.

Comments

Popular Posts